Types of Homes
- HFHHC builds single-family homes
- Wood-framed homes that are energy-efficient and solidly built
Location, Location, Location
- Habitat Hillsborough serves all of Hillsborough County
- Our focus is currently on East Tampa, particularly Providence Pointe
Buying a Habitat Home
- Habitat homeowners partner with Habitat Hillsborough to build others’ homes, as well as their own. Homeowner candidates volunteer 300 Sweat Equity hours and contribute $1,500 toward closing costs before they can purchase their home.
- First-time homebuyers purchase their homes from Habitat with a 25-30 year, zero-interest mortgage. Because there is no interest paid, the homeowner saves approximately $400-$500 per month from what they would pay with a typical mortgage loan.
- Habitat homeowners own their homes like anyone else with a mortgage in Hillsborough County.
- Monthly payments can range from $610 to $710, depending on the purchase price, homeowners association dues, and other closing costs.