ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD TO VOLUNTEER AT THE BUILD SITE!!
Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County asks ALL of our volunteers to:
- All Habitat volunteers need to sign an Affiliate Wavier of Liability. These forms are available online or on site.
- Arrive on time and stay until all equipment and supplies are put away.
- We begin with a prayer, then a saftey briefing.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Wear clothing that you don't mind getting dirty, painted, or torn.
- You MUST wear closed-toed shoes! No flip flops or sandals at ANY time on the site.
- A hat is not required but is advised...we are in Florida!
- Sunscreen is also recommended. Again…we are in Florida!
- Please bring a lunch with you; working on a CONSTRUCTION SITE can really work up an appetite!
- We WILL have water available on site all day long. Please take the time to make sure you are properly hydrated.
- Habitat volunteers MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE to do ANY ROOF WORK or OPERATE ANY POWER TOOL!
- Habitat groups made up of youth under the age of 18 MUST have one chaperone per 5 young adults. Please verify that your group will be adequately supervised. Without proper supervision your group may be asked to leave the site for safety reasons.