ReStore Assistant Manager
At the Habitat ReStore, our staff and volunteers accept donations of new and gently used quality building materials and furniture. We sell those items at extremely low prices (50%-75% below retail) through the operation of a retail warehouse owned and operated by HFHHC. The profits support the mission to eliminate substandard housing in Hillsborough County.
The ReStore Assistant Manager for HFHHC is a vital team member of our organization. The ideal candidate is someone with retail experience and a true passion for helping our families’ dream of homeownership become a reality. The position reports to the ReStore Director. The Assistant Manager will assist the Director by providing support and leading ReStore Associates and Volunteers on the sales floor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Ability to follow best practice and procedures in a retail environment
- Experience working in a retail building supply environment
- Financial, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing channels
- Comfortable in a sales environment
- Ability to use current computer applications and retail technologies
- Execution of the store model as directed by the ReStore Director
- Delegation of appropriate tasks to ReStore Associates
- Completion of daily checklists
- Logistics planning
- Coordinate staff scheduling
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers work safely
- Lead and work with volunteers to achieve necessary tasks and provide positive communication
- Keep the store floor and storage facilities in an orderly manner, ensuring maximum sales potential
- Cashier as needed
- Load and unload merchandise
- Assist store customers
- Process donated inventory
- Execute policies and procedures
- Other projects as requested by ReStore Director
- High School Diploma
- Three years experience in a retail environment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must have the ability to lift light to heavy items and work in an environment subject to heat, cold and dust.
Base salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Position requires work on Saturdays.
Equal Opportunity Employer