RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The RDD must have a minimum of five years experience raising funds for non-profits or similar experience.
- Extensive experience in face to face gift requests.
- Excellent computer, organizational, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to the department’s budget.
- Outstanding communication skills; in particular, the ability to make compelling presentations to diverse groups and to prepare well-written proposals and public relations materials.
- Experience managing and interacting with diverse staff.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Background in project management including budgeting and staffing.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or personally volunteering.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environment.
- Additional knowledge and skills include extensive knowledge of local philanthropic and business community.
- Major Donor Cultivation - Analyze current programs and fundraising activities, initiate and generate new programs and ideas. Work with the staff and Board to cultivate and increase the gifts of current donors and the overall number of donors; coordinate prospect research. Work on special giving and sponsorship programs such as Hammer Head Society, capital campaigns, etc.
- House Sponsorships - Work with Executive Director and Board to help identify and recruit partners for home sponsors and teambuilding days.
- Foundation Relations – Assist in grant writing efforts by initiating and writing proposals. Monitor current grants and ensure that proposals and reports are submitted according to all guidelines and deadlines.
- Corporate Relations - Work with the Executive Director and Board to strengthen relations with the corporate community in Hillsborough County. Identify and pursue sources of corporate and foundation funding, and gift planning approaches. Develop, cultivate, and implement major donor solicitation and gift plans.
- Public Relations / Marketing - Prepare a comprehensive marketing plan to meet the long-range plan of the affiliate. Coordinate public outreach efforts including the development of public outreach materials such as print and electronic newsletters, direct mail, press releases, free and paid advertising, brochures, social media and web site. Coordinate all media relations and promote Habitat’s message throughout the community. Develop materials, content and tools for raising funds, including website, newsletter, brochures and campaign materials. Make presentations to corporate, church, civic, and community groups.
- Special Events - Work with the staff, Board and volunteers to help Habitat successfully produce fundraising events. Work with committee to participate in and support fundraising activities
- Volunteer Development - Strengthen the volunteer development program, increasing awareness of Habitat in the broader community and growing the overall number of volunteers. Work with the Volunteer Manager to strengthen the link between volunteerism and financial support. Work with volunteer committee to cultivate volunteers and donors.
- Desire to work towards Habitat’s mission.
- College degree required; prefer degree in communications-related field.
- Three+ years of fundraising experience, ideally in a non-profit and/or faith-based organization
- Ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations to staff and Board.
- Full-time exempt position.
- Position will require some evenings and weekends.
- Eligible for employee benefits, as available.
- Eligible for standard holidays and paid time off.
PART-TIME RESTORE ASSOCIATE
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to people of different races, faiths and incomes.
- Physical ability to complete work on the job site or in the store/warehouse, even during inclement weather.
- Ability to regularly and safely lift 90 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of building supplies.
- Provide outstanding customer service to donors, volunteers and customers.
Reports to: ReStore Manager , ReStore Assistant Manager
Time Requirements: Part-time
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Participate in donation pick-up
- Receive, load and unload and allocate donations.
- Assist as needed with pricing, and control that inventory through price reductions.
- Assist customers.
- Assist store manager as directed.
- Assist on deconstruction projects as needed.
- Maintain vehicles.
- Keep vehicles clean.
- Provide maintenance reports to Resource Development Coordinator.
- Merchandise and help maintain a clean and organized store
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse, storage shed, and shop work. The normal workplace will be out of the office and in the warehouse, box truck and outside. A majority of the work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50-100 pounds on a regular and frequent basis.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.