To apply for a position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISOR
The Construction Site Supervisor (CSS) is primarily responsible for leading the construction of Habitat homes with skilled and unskilled volunteers. The CSS shall ensure building sites are safe, productive, fun, and provide a positive experience for sponsors, homeowners, and volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record in construction supervision with increasing levels of responsibility and skills.
- Volunteer experience with Habitat for Humanity or other construction/rehabilitation non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities. Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities, and work in deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with volunteers of widely varying skill levels. Capable of leading/motivating an ever-changing all volunteer work crew and assigning volunteers jobs within their capabilities. Ability to recruit skilled volunteers and train unskilled volunteers to become crew and house leaders.
- Ability to follow a construction schedule and coordinate suppliers, subcontractors, staff and volunteers to meet specific construction goals.
- Ability to perform the following activities: standing; walking; working overtime and weekends as need; exposure to heat, wind, and rain; ladder climbing and general comfort on two story roofs; residential construction skills, driving large trucks and construction equipment; ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Willingness to work as part of a team in support of Habitat’s mission and goals.
Site supervision (80%)
- Provide a positive and productive on-site experience for future homeowners and volunteers. Train, equip, and supervise volunteer crew leaders, partner family members, and other volunteers on site daily.
- Prep job sites in advance of volunteer days for maximum efficiency of the build team.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and meet HFHHC quality standards. Ensure HFHHC homes are built to current building codes and any additional energy/green building certifications.
- Oversee inspections, site security, and site safety.
- Coordinate material orders, deliveries and subcontractor schedules with CD. Provide spec, design, material, and subcontractor feedback as required.
- Punch out and warranty work as needed.
- Assist in preparation for special events.
Construction planning (20%)
- Attend weekly group scheduling meetings. Coordinate with other CSS’s regarding volunteers, shared tools and other resources.
- Works with CD to establish construction schedule and adjust work as needed.
- Participate in predevelopment and project design meetings as required.
- Maintain project folder for each assignment; document all relevant changes, schedules and activities.
- Update construction director of project status weekly through job status log. Alert construction director of all delays, potential overruns and changes in scope of work.
- Other duties as delegated.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Experience with construction site supervision
Compensation and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Position requires work on Saturdays.
PART-TIME RESTORE ASSOCIATE
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to people of different races, faiths and incomes.
- Physical ability to complete work on the job site or in the store/warehouse, even during inclement weather.
- Ability to regularly and safely lift 90 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of building supplies.
- Provide outstanding customer service to donors, volunteers and customers.
Reports to: ReStore Manager , ReStore Assistant Manager
Time Requirements: Part-time
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Participate in donation pick-up
- Receive, load and unload and allocate donations.
- Assist as needed with pricing, and control that inventory through price reductions.
- Assist customers.
- Assist store manager as directed.
- Assist on deconstruction projects as needed.
- Maintain vehicles.
- Keep vehicles clean.
- Provide maintenance reports to Resource Development Coordinator.
- Merchandise and help maintain a clean and organized store
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse, storage shed, and shop work. The normal workplace will be out of the office and in the warehouse, box truck and outside. A majority of the work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50-100 pounds on a regular and frequent basis.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.